BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 21, 2009

Holding You Back

"Many persons believe that to move up the ladder of success and achievement, they must forget the past, repress it, and relinquish it. But others have just the opposite view. They see old memories as a chance to reckon with the past and integrate past and present."

Assignment: Do memories hinder or help people in their effort to learn from the past and succeed in the present?

Memories can hinder or help an individual succeed in life. Perhaps they can weaken the state of mind or challenge someone to continue. It solely depends on an individual's point of view and how they see the world.

Personally, my memories, at times, hinder me as I recall past events in which I try to stop remembering but as much as they weaken me, they also tend to by the reasons I can still smile. Even though my memories of my past high school years seem to be that of a sappy love story in which I can't get this girl out of my mind, and it keeps me in the state of mind till I can't fight it and look at it positively in which I use it as a source of fuel where it drives me to succeed and become someone.

Once I think about my memories of then I turn it into a sense of rage in which I get angry at myself and I push myself to become better. Those same memories that blocked my mind and weakened me, now I use it as I turned it into my fuel that drives me to excel. That same fuel that keeps me up to date with my work and has had me join organizations. I look back at these past four years in which I meet her and I do not regret anything at all. At times, I become content with the idea that the fact that a simple loving memory can be devasting enough to put me in a state in which many may regret taking or not taking that action, it gives me the motivation to excel. and prove my worth.

Many will say it, I myself have told it to myself plenty of times,

"Stop living in the past. Live for the future."

Though it may be difficult to explain, my past has indeed interconnected my current life with that of my future; my past memories drive my future ones to succeed.

0 comments: